Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Thursday 9 July 2009

Day 64 – 7th July – Tuesday. Vilajoyosa.

Not a good start to the day; I woke way too early and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I walked the length of the main beach, stopping to watch the fisherman. Then I climbed to the top of the cliffs overlooking both beaches and took some photos, sauntered down again to get my towel and still found myself sitting on the small beach (Bol Nou) before half eight.
Ant joined me on the beach shortly after and we watched it fill up with various nationalities. We heard a scream and looked up to see two women racing to get out of the water as one of them had seen a huge jellyfish. I waited until the lifeguards had searched up and down in the water with their goggles on before having a swim myself.
We left around lunchtime and decided to travel the 15kms north to Benidorm and find a campsite. Last time I went to Benidorm I was 18 and on a girls-only, brits-behaving-badly-abroad package holiday. An eye-opener I can tell you. Ant’s only knowledge of the place is stories told him by his mate from Cyprus, and the Johnny Vegas portrayal on TV…so we decided to give it a go. I have a feeling we might live to regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment