Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Sunday 10 January 2010

Day 249 – 8th January, Friday – Arrawarra

We left Tina and Bard’s place (which prompted Ant to start singing ‘don’t cry for me BardandTina’ – I had to laugh) and set off South for Arrawarra. We had managed to call ahead and book a couple of nights at the SpotX Surf School camping area, right on the beach which was only about 150kms south.
When we got there, I hung out the wet washing and we disappeared down the beach to catch a few before lunch. If the bikini test is anything to go by, the waves were forceful enough and pretty consistent; perfect for surfing. I really do need some flippers though as my arms are killing me trying to get my body board up to the right speed, and a new bikini too now as we think that I must have left my Khaki James Bond effort on ‘BardandTinas’ washing line. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment