Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Friday 7 January 2011

13 days to go - amazon delivery

Dad and Janet gave me some Kenyan Shillings today and some US dollars that they hadn't used on their last trip to Kenya, which is fantastic as not only does it tick another thing off my list (which always brings a smile to the face of an avid list-ticker like me), but it saves me the commission charge too. I am not expecting to spend much of it as the trip fee I have already paid includes everything apart from my entry VISA and food at the airport on the return journey, (even alcohol is included!!! - are the Kenyans mad??).
I then got home to find not only the two second-hand books I have been waiting for, but Series 4 of the Big Cat Week on DVD too. Very happy bunny, that's my weekend sorted.
Also making minor progress on obtaining the anti-malarial prescription - Malarone. I at least have the piece of paper from the doctor now, which cost me £8 and is half covered in black ink due to a fault with the surgery printer which has rendered it almost illegible, so fingers crossed the chemist accepts it otherwise it's back to square one again. I have made a few phone calls and chosen Lloyds pharmacy in Haywards Heath to collect it as they will charge me only £50 as opposed to £74 which was the quote I was given by the Cowfold surgery! Online would have been even cheaper, but I just don't want to risk the postal system delaying their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment