Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Sunday 10 February 2013

something's missing...

Loaded 3G Mobile Broadband SIM card into laptop, checked international roaming was enabled, topped up the credit to £50 as instructed by the website, and then discovered data roaming is not available in Cambodia, only voice and text.... So why put a price of £6/MB for data in Cambodia on your website then Three!!!????  Grrr. Have decided to get a Cambodian SIM from the aptly named comms company "Hello", when I get to Phnom Penh airport instead. At 1 cent for 500Kb and only $2 for the SIM itself I can afford to be permanently attached to the internet clogging Three's customer service desk with images from my trip.
Collected altered dress yesterday and now decided I don't even like it. Bought a small (4") lockable metal cash box which I will use to stash my dollars. I also bought a tiny waterproof tube-shaped keyring which fits a single note inside apparently of any currency. I'm a sucker for tiny useless gadgets and since Millets appear to be having some kind of winter sale and I will obviously need emergency beer money when swimming, I couldn't resist.
The rucksack embroidery is done (flag not as good as Ant's Ugandan one last year), the cold is slowly disappearing and I am on track to finish the book before we go (which incidentally is a real shocker - I've never read a book before that has to have warnings before certain chapters). So I decided to have a go at packing to see how much culling I was in for next weekend and that's when I got the shock - the rucksack is barely two-thirds full! which begs the question, what's missing? what have I forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment