Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Wednesday 10 September 2014

So less than a month to go...

...and I have actually started the packing process. Lenses still need calibrating and cleaning, batteries all need charging and cards clearing down, and I still haven’t made time for practise which I’m a bit cross with myself about as the weekends are now all booked too.
I spent £57 on anti-malaria tablets at the docs recommendation only to be told by David that there is no malaria in the Pantanal. Then cleared out my travel bag and found another packet that I stopped taking in Cambodia for exactly the same reason – argh.

Jabs all complete apart from the third and final Rabies which is booked for Tuesday. I had become very tired and achy after the last lot (yellow fever and Rabies number 2) which turned out to be the onset of Shingles - lovely! But nothing can really dampen my spirits too much as I spent last Saturday morning watching video clips from the last trip I took there in 2007 Рlaughing, cringing and getting myself surprisingly emotional for a few hours has made me even more excited to get back there. Bring on the Jacar̩, filmed here during my last visit performing their morning territory call - awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment