Description

“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” –Mark Jenkins

Thursday 2 October 2014

Long journey - but made it :-)

It's days like today (facing 11h35 on a single flight) that I'm so glad I don't watch movies or go to the cinema as I was able to enjoy all the new releases back to back - "BA Wednesday" whilst being fed and watered and plied with Red wine - can't be bad. The second "how to train your dragon" was a gem though - made me remember the very poor (and painful) attempt I made to fly as a kid many years ago - the episode involved only the one wing (on account of the time it took to make the first and my severe lack of patience), a substantial hay barn and 100% pure belief - thank heavens for fathers is all I can say.
"Tammy" made me laugh... and cry...embarassingly, but "Rio" and "Rio 2" easily killed the last 4 hours before hitting the heat of Sao Paulo airport. The first queue was to get my passport stamped and although it took almost an hour to get through it was actually remarkably bearable. Of course by the time I eventually passed through, my luggage was pretty lonely chugging it's way around the baggage belt. Then I hiked from terminal 3 to terminal 1 to check-in again for the domestic flight which was also relatively painless (just very very hot and sticky). No phone signal anywhere, but plenty of wifi, so I was able to get WhatsApps and realised David was still awake and intending to meet me at Cuiaba airport to be sure I made it to my hotel ok - perfect. All was fine - the next flight was only 2h20mins and I slept most of it - woken only when my seat started vibrating and I realised it was the bloke next to me farting! nice. Landed on time, with all luggage and David to greet me - made friends with the hotel shuttlebus driver who got me checked in and carried my things to my room - shattered. A long journey, but the adventure starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment